SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES FOR COMMON ILLNESSES
Home Remedy for Common Cold
- Garlic soup helps reduce the harshness of a cold.
- A glass of lemon juice a day would raise the body’s resistance.
- Onion juice can also help avoid a cold.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 6-8 glasses per day.
Home Remedy for Cough
- Basil leaves and ginger are very effective in relieving an irritating dry cough. You can either chew basil leaves or take fresh ginger with hot water.
- Eat grapes. Grapes when eaten regularly can also help get rid of severe coughs
- Drinking a few cups of hot water with salt can also help stop coughing.
- Take a hot shower. Breathing in the steam can provide temporary relief.
Home Remedy for Fever Blisters
- Apply petroleum jelly to the skin.
- Apply cold compress on the affected area.
- Avoid eating nuts and chocolate.
Home Remedy for Common Fever
- Drink tea made with from saffron.
- Eat oranges. Oranges give instant energy and helps the body fight unwanted infections.
- A glass of milk also works wonders.
Home Remedy for Sore Throat
- A mixture of Listerine mouth wash and Hydrogen Peroxide. Pour a little of each liquid into a cup (equal parts) and gargle.
- Eat three to four marshmallows to soothe a sore throat. The gelatin in the marshmallows is what soothes the sore throat.
- Drink hot water, lemon juice, and honey mixed together.
Home Remedy for Heartburn
- Dissolve a tsp. of baking soda in 8 ounces (1 cup) of water and drink. Baking soda is a natural antacid.
- Bananas act as a natural antacid in the body. You can eat either fresh or dried bananas.
- Fresh ginger is one of the oldest remedies for heartburn. It can be added to food when its cooked, eaten raw, or consumed as ginger tea.
Other Simple Remedies
- Use duct tape to remove warts.
- Cure nail fungus with vapor rub.
- Soothe eczema by using oatmeal.
- Cure bad breath by eating yogurt.
- A spoonful of sugar to cure the hiccups.
- Bite a pencil to cure a headache.
- Eat olives to help with motion sickness
*Common illnesses such as coughs and colds should not make you panic. There are a lot of home remedies that would help you get rid of these illnesses without taking any over-the counter drugs.
HOME REMEDY QUIZ
- Cold cucumber slices work more effectively than cold potato slices at relieving eye puffiness.
- Rubbing a mixture of pepper and sesame oil under your nose can help clear your sinuses.
- A face mask of aspirin and lemon juice will keep your skin looking flawless.
- Apple cider vinegar can relieve itchy hives.
- Kitty litter’s active ingredient, bentonite, is a negatively charged clay that is effective at
absorbing oils and can be used to exfoliate your skin.
- Chicken soup can help cure the common cold.
- Apple cider vinegar will soothe your heartburn.
- Applied as a compress to your arms, back or forehead, a mixture of white rum, lemon juice and water acts as a fever reducer.
- You can instantly cool a burn by applying mayonnaise to the surface.
- You can pour hydrogen peroxide directly into the ear to help ease an ear infection.
- Mix plain yogurt, sunflower oil and a little lemon juice for a facial cleanser that will give you flawless skin.